The attention of the all the Deputy Educational Officer, Mandal Educational Officers and all the Heads of Secondary Schools in the Districts is invited to the Proceedings read above (Copy is enclosed), where in the Commissioner of School Education, Ex-Officio Project Director, RMSA/APMS, A.P., Hyd has released and credited an amount of Rs. 2,02,70,000 (Rupees Two Crores Two Lakhs Seventy Thousand only) in two spells(i.e.1,01,35,000 +1,013,5000) to the Bank accounts of the 594 Secondary Schools in Chittoor district towards school annual grants under RMSA for the year 2015-2016 as follows.
SUGGESTIVE GUIDELINES ON UTILIZATION OF SCHOOL GRANTS FOR THE YEAR 2016-2017
The following are the suggestive guidelines instructions for utilization of the Annual School Grants AW P&B of RMSA.
1. Purchase of Books, periodicals, news papers etc. (Rs.0.10 lakh per school): To strengthen the library and enhance knowledge 86 information for teachers as well as students of Secondary schools and Higher Secondary schools, the grant will be utilized for
a.Purchasing of reference books for teacher 85 students,
b.Newspapers, periodicals/journals/magazines etc on need basis.
(Purchase of books with due reference to the lists of books recommended by the KVS (or) recommended by the State Governments (or) Text Books and Reference Books for teachers should also be included or as per the scheme formulated by Raja Ram Mohan Roy Library Foundation, the nodal agency of Govt. of India to support public library services and systems.)
(Books may be purchased from the Book Fair which will be organized under RMSA at district level.)
2. Water, electricity, telephone charges etc. (Rs.0.10 lakh per school): For smooth functioning of the school and to meet the daily expenses of the school, this grant will be utilized in Secondary and Higher Secondary (having secondary section) schools. The grant will cover-
a. Water, b. Electricity, c. Telephone charges, Internet charges/ other rates and taxes, d. Equipment for Sports, music, dance, painting, culture etc.
e. Teaching aids, instruments 86 appliances,
f. Stationery etc.
3. Grant for Minor Repairing (Rs.0.10 lakh per school): To meet the urgent need for minor repairing and renovation of existing school buildings, this grant will be utilized and the suggestive works are-
a. Repair of School building, b. Toilets, C. Tanks, d. Play Ground, e. School Campus, f. Conservancy Services, g. Electrical fittings, h. Sanitary 8z, Other fittings, Furniture and fixtures etc.
4. Sanitation and ICT (Rs.0.15 lakh per school) To meet the expenditure of Sanitation worker not exceed Rs.1000/- may be allowed. To meet the Allowance of Rs.500/- for teachers who allotted and to look after the activities of ICT in the school.
5. Need Based works and Permission authority: Other Expenditure time to time on need based : The suggestive items on need based to meet the expenditure with prior permission should be taken from the District Education Officer for limitation of Rs.5000/- and Regional Joint Director is competent to provide permission up to 10000/- on detailed report and outcomes should be submitted by the SMDC chairman (Head Master) along with resolution copy so as to take the decision by the competent authorities.
In the context, all the Headmaster of Secondary Schools under RMSA/Govt/ZP Managements are received the Annual grants for the year 2016-2017 are hereby instructed to submit the specific needs if any to accord permission by this office for utilization of RMSA funds into Rs 5,000/- under other expenditure like Computer out sourcing/ maintenance etc., along with resolution copy.
5. ROLE OF SMDCS:
To ensure the proper utilization of the grants, the SMDCs will have to organize their meeting and the resolutions are required to be taken as below-
(a) Proposal of works to be done through the specific grant with priority of works. Process for implementation of the works including time frame should also be clearly mentioned in their resolution.
(b) Resolution on community contribution & arrangement of Panchayat contribution etc either cash or kinds to support the grants are also required to be mentioned.
Process for maintenance of records, registers 86 vouchers etc against the each work.
(d) Submission of the utilization certificate of the grants to the District Programme Co-coordinator, RMSA or Dy.Educational Officer of School concerned in the specified formats within stipulated time frame.
In addition to resolutions of the SMDCs meeting, the following issues should also be strictly attended to:-
1. The SMDCs will have to maintain a separate cash book for recording the financial transaction of the grants separately under RMSA programmes.
2. SMDCs will have to up-date their Bank Passbook immediate after receiving information on Bank transfer of the fund and the same should be recorded in the cash book in detail.
3. In case of the problems related to credit in the SMDCs A/C & other transacting process of the bank, the SMDCs should inform the District Programme immediately.
4. The SMDCs will have to complete all works to be implemented through the grants within the stipulated period.
5. After implementation of every work, cash book should be updated mentioning voucher numbers etc.
6. The SMDCs must be submitted the utilization certificate of the school grants along with photocopies of vouchers within 10 days from utilization of the grants to the concerned District Programme Co-ordinator, RMSA or Dy.Educational Officer of Schools in the specified format.
7. The SMDC will be legally duty bound for utilization of the grants as per guideline. Disciplinary action will also be initiated against the defaulter SMDC and HM/ Principal of the school.
MAINTENANCE OF SCHOOL LIBRARY
Excursions visits of StudentsAll the Headmaster of Secondary Schools in the district are instructed that the students must taken at least 3 exposure visit, like Banks, Malls, Banks, Post Office, Museums, training colleges Engineering Medical College, IIT Tirupati, Regional Science centres, Zoo Park to gain careers, awareness this can range from learning about the specific needed to enter a certain careers and to simply gain knowledge about the wide range of careers and the exposure visits give our students on the ground experience in different sectors during the visit written permission of the Parent should be taken and 20:1 students and teachers ratio should be ensured with out fail.
# DOWNLOAD GUIDELINES ON MAINTENANCE OF SCHOOL LIBRARY & EXCURSIONS OF STUDENTS
*RMSA- UTILIZATION CERTIFICATE