READ | DSC 2014 COMPLETE DETAILS – CLICK HERE
- Every Post has a Scale of Pay. Basic depends the Scale of Pay. The Basic Pay depends on the Scale of the Pay.
- Basic Pay is the Key for all Income. Every Employee will have basic Pay for his Post.
- All Other Earnings and Deductions are based on Basic Pay Only.
- Let us see the Basic Pays for the Posts of Teachers as per PRC 2015.
|Category of Post||Pay Grade||Scale of Pay||Basic Pay|
|SGT (Secondary Grade Teachers), LPT Language Pandits Grade – II, PETs||XI||21230- 590- 21820- 640- 23740- 700- 25840- 760- 28120- 820- 30580- 880- 33220- 950-36070- 1030- 39160- 1110- 42490- 1190- 46060- 1270- 49870 -1360- 53950-1460-58330- 1560- 63010-(40)
|School Assts (Languages and Non-Languages)||XVII||28940- 820- 30580- 880- 33220 -950- 36070- 1030- 39160- 1110- 42490- 1190- 46060- 1270- 49870- 1360- 53950-1460-58330- 1560- 63010- 1660- 67990-1760- 73270- 1880-78910 (38)
Understanding the above Table
- From the above Table, It is clear that SGTs Basic Pay is 21230, and School Assts Basic Pay is 28940
- In the above Table, the scale of Pay gives us the rate of increment for next year. For Example, for SGTs, This Year they will be appointed on Basic Pay of Rs. 21230. After completion of One Year, they will be given a increment of Rs. 590 (See in the Scale of Pay Column) and then their Basic Pay is 21230+590 = 21820. Hence Presently just take the Basic Pay given in the Red Letters.
Dearness Allowance (DA):
Dearness allowance: Dearness Allowance is paid as a portion of basic pay of employees to neutralise the impact of inflation. The Dearness Allowance (DA) is a cost of living adjustment allowance paid to Government employees,
Presently State Govt Employees are paid DA of 12.052% on Basic. It has to be revised.
HRA House Rent Allowance:
The Government includes certain allowance in the remuneration of the employee termed as House Rent Allowance or HRA. This allowance is used by the employee to meet the rental expenses for his/ her accommodation.
HRA is not same for all. HRA depends on the Category of the Place.
- Category IV Place 12%
- Category III Place 12%
- Category II Place 14.5
- Category I Place 20%
Hence HRA depends on the working Place. Most of the New Teachers are going to be appointed in Category III, Category IV Places means with 12% HRA.
- If the Newly recruited Teacher/SGT is going to join in a single Teacher School, then they will have to act as Head Master of the School. Hence they will be paid Head Master Allowance for the post. HMA (Head Masters Allownace) for Single Teacher Schools is Rs. 75 and for Other PS Schools is Rs.100 and for UP Schools is Rs150
- Language Pandits Gr.II/S.G.B. T. Teachers (for handling High SchoolClasses) allowance is . 150/- pm
- Physically Handicapped employees PH Allownace is Rs.1350/-per month. For Blind Teachers, 400 Escort Allowance is Additional.
Now Let us see the Deductions. We are going to discuss only Regular Deductions which are applicable to all employees. In Deductions section, Normally there will be CPS, APGLI, GIS, PT, Health Cards Deductions applicable to employees. let us see these details by www.ateacher.in
Contribution Pension Scheme Contribution. CPS is introduced w.e.f 1.9.2004. 10% of the Basic Pay + DA is deducted towards CPS and will be credited to your PRAN Account for your Pension Amount. Note that there is no Pension. Only returns on CPS is your pension.
APGLI means Andhra Pradesh Government Life Insurance. It is a insurance Scheme for AP Govt employees. The APGLI Department is one of the oldest departments in the State. APGLI Scheme is a Social Security Measure for the welfare of the Government employees and is mandatory for all Government employees and provincialised Local Body employees.
Basing on the Basic Pay the Contribution for APGLI will be deducted from Salaries.
- For New SGTs the Deduction will be Rs. 850 and School Asst category is Rs.1150
GIS : Group Insurance Scheme:
It is also called as Andhra Pradesh State Employees
Group Insurance Scheme – 1984. It is also Insurance Scheme for employees.
- Presently SGTs comes in ‘Group C’ and Rs. 30 is recovered from their salaries as GIS Subscription. And School Assts comes under Group B and Rs.60 is deducted from their Salaries
Professional Tax (PT):
Professional tax is the tax by the state governments in India. Anyone earning an income from salary or anyone practicing a profession such as chartered accountant, company secretary, lawyer, doctor etc. are required to pay this professional tax. Presently the Professional Tax PT for SGTs and SAs as per their scale is Rs.200
Health Cards EHF Deduction
All AP Govt are eligible for Health Cards.The Employees Health Scheme is formulated to provide cashless treatment to the employees and pensioners of the State Government and their dependent family members treatment in empanelled hospitals.
Presently the EHF deduction for New SGTs and SA is Rs.90.
Table of Salaries Details for SGTs and SAs
Final conclusion and Table of Details of Pay Particulars of Newly Recruited Teachers is given in the below table.
|SGT/ LPT/ PET||School Asst|
|HRA @ 12%