#AP GO 14
Municipal Primary Schools Convert to English Medium.
MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION & URBAN DEVELOPMET (D1) DEPARTMENT
All municipal schools to have English medium from 2017-18
The Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department is going to introduce English medium in all municipal schools starting from 2017-18 academic year for all classes except Class X.
Principal Secretary Karikal Valaven in an official order stated that following the suggestions of the committee which was formed to study the need for English medium schools as well as other stakeholders the decision is taken.
Read the following:
1. G.O.Rt.No.332, MA&UD Dept., Dated: 4.6.2016.
2. From the DMA, AP, Guntur, Lr.Roc.No.7176/J2/2015, Dt: 12.7.2016
3. G.O.Ms.No.262, MA&UD(D1) Dept., Dated: 25.10.2016
4. G.O.Ms.No.280, MA&UD(D1) Dept., Dated: 03.11.2016
In the reference 3rd read above, the Government had introduced English Medium in all classes in all Municipal Schools in the Academic Year 2016-2017. Meanwhile, the success of Foundation Course has strengthened the knowledge base of the student studying from 6th to 10th standards and prepared them for competitive examinations both at the state level and national level. The overwhelming support for the said programme from all the concerned including general public, and the enthusiasm shown by the students, parents and teachers had really made the Government to decide to make the foundation course mandatory for all the students studying in all Municipal Schools. Hence, the medium of instruction plays a very crucial role in defining the destiny of the student.
2. Therefore, the Government after careful examination hereby decided to convert all the existing Telugu Medium Municipal Schools into English Medium Schools from 1st standard to 10th standard irrespective of the students strength as well as teachers strength with immediate effect. This is not applicable to 10th Class i.e., for the academic year 2016-2017. This order will supersede all the other G.Os issued earlier in this regard.
3. The Director of Municipal Administration, Andhra Pradesh, Guntur shall take necessary action, accordingly.
4. This order comes into force with immediate effect.
According to the order, parallel sections of English medium from Classes I to V in all municipal and corporation schools with strength of more than 100 students and having five teachers will be created.
In upper primary schools,Telugu medium sections in Classes VI, VII and VIII will be converted into English medium if the strength of the schools is more than 101 students and having five teacher posts.
For the high schools with more than 100 students the existing classes will be converted into English medium.
Teachers will be trained in English language through various service training programmes.
The State government on Monday issued a GO.No.14 Dated:02-01-2017 for converting all the existing Telugu medium municipal schools into English medium schools from Class 1 to 10 irrespective of the student and teacher strength, with immediate effect.
The GO.14 Dated:02-01-2014 will supersede all other GOs issued earlier in this regard.
It was stated that the Government had introduced English medium in all classes in all municipal schools in 2016-17.
Meanwhile, the success of foundation course has strengthened the knowledge base of students studying from Class 6 to 10 and prepared them for competitive examinations both at the State and national levels.
The overwhelming support for the said programme from all concerned, including the general public, and the enthusiasm showed by the students, parents and teachers prompted the government to make the foundation course mandatory for all students in all municipal schools,the GO said.