NMMS 2016 Application Form, National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) Scheme 2016-17
NMMS 2016 Application Form, National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) Scheme 2016-17 – The Application Form of National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) 2016 is available now. Candidates can download the NMMS 2016 Application Form Online and fill before last date. For the students studying in Government, Local Body and Government Aided Schools in UT CHANDIGARH in Class VIII can apply for NMMS 2016 Application Form with Parental Income not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum. The Centrally Sponsored Scheme “National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS)” was launched in May, 2008.
NMMS 2016 Eligibility
- Must have scored 55% and above marks in Class VII examination (in the academic session 2014-15) and has been promoted to class VIII (in the academic session 2015-16). 5% relaxation in marks for reserved category.
- Studying in Government, Local body and Private aided Schools only.
- Parental income from all sources should not exceed than Rs. 1, 50,000/- per annum
- Parental Income Certificate issued by Govt. Employer in case if the parents are Govt. Employees and affidavit attested from Magistrate/Notary in case the parents are in any private service / job has to be attached with the form.
NMMS 2016 Selection ProcessThere will be one stage selection process for award of scholarship. The selection will be done by State Council of Educational Research and Training, Chandigarh through a written examination on the pattern of National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) held by National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT). For the NMMS, there will be no second stage examination.
Each State / UT will conduct its own test for selection of students for the award of the Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. The State Level Examination may consist of the following two tests.
(i) Mental Ability Test (MAT)
(ii)Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
Each test will be of 90 minutes duration. Children with disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
NMMS 2016 Merit ListThe minimum qualifying marks will be 40% for general category and 32% for reserved category students to be eligible for award of scholarship.
Scholarship Rs. 6000/- per annumThe awardee will receive a sum of Rs. 6000/- per annum . Selected students should open a joint account with their parents in any SBI(State Bank of India) / Nationalized Banks with core banking facility/ESC facility. The Ministry for Human Resource Development, New Delhi will sanction the scholarships and adjust to such list to the SBI, New Delhi for disbursement of scholarships to the awardees. The candidate will get the scholarship amount through SBI.
Eligibility to NMMS 2015-16Nearly one lakh students will be selected throughout India. Out of this 4087 scholarships are being allotted to residuary Andhra Pradesh and these distributed among 13 districts. The NMMS examination is conducted every year in the month of November for the students who are studying at present in VIII class in Government/ Local Body/Municipal/Aided Schools are eligible for this examination. The students who got minimum 55% of marks for OC/BC candidates and 50% for SC/ST in VII Standard can apply for the NMMS .
ReservationAs per the State Norms including 3% reservation for P.H candidates. For S.C 15%; S.T 6%; B.C-A 7%; B.C-B 10%; B.C-C 1%; B.C-D 7%, regarding BC-E implementation in NMMS Examination will be considered after receipt of clarification from the government.
Pattern of Examination
- Mental Ability Test (M.A.T) – 90 marks (multiple choice questions)
- Scholastic Ability Test (S.A.T) – 90 marks covering social science, science and mathematics of class VII & VIII. Each question carry one mark
Qualifying Percentage in ExamThe percentage of qualifying is 40% to the general candidates, for BC 35%. In the case of SC/ST/PH the qualifying percentage is 25%.
Examination FeeThe examination fee is as per the Govt vide G.O Rt No.713 dated 25/09/2008, permitted the Director of Government Examinations to collect Rs.100/- for OC/BC and Rs. 50/- from S.C/S.T towards examination fee.
* DOWNLOAD - National Means Cum Merit Scholar Scheme Examination (NMMS)- Notification