NTSE 2017 Eligibility Criteria – National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has specified eligibility criteria of NTSE 2017 for Class 10 students to let them know if they are eligible for the national-level scholarship programme. Candidates whoa re interested in appearing for NTSE 2017 stage 1 can check here minimum qualification required for appearing in National Talent Search Examination. NTSE Eligibility Condition 2017 as laid down here will also help you with checking the minimum age required for the application process. Check below NTSE 2017 eligibility criteria.
Careers360 has updated here eligibility criteria on this page for the candidates, who wish to apply for the exam. Aspirants can check NTSE eligibility criteria 2017 before applying for NTSE 2017.
NTSE 2017 stage 1 will be conducted in a three-day window of November 5, 6 and 13, 2016 while the stage 2 examination will be held on May 14, 2017.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2017 - The NTSE 2017 is being held in two stages – Stage-I and Stage-II. There are different NTSE 2017 eligibility criteria for both the stages of the exam. The students applying for the exam can check the eligibility criteria below for both the stages separately.
NTSE 2017 Eligibility Criteria for Stage-I:
- NTSE Stage-I is conducted by State/UT bodies. Only Indian students are eligible to appear in this level.
- The students studying in Class X are eligible for appearing in the test.
- They are required to have obtained 60% marks in their Class IX, in the last academic year.
- Student must be studying in a recognized school in the respective State or Union Territory.
- The SC, ST and PH category candidates get a relaxation of 5% and the maximum score they must have obtained in their Class IX is 55% marks.
- Students registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) are also considered eligible for the scholarship examiantion, if he/she is below the age of 18 years (as on July 1, 2017) and is not employed while appearing for Class X exam.
- Students, securing 80% marks or above in the State level exam, are eligible for the Stage-II to be held by NCERT at National level.
- Around 4000 students are shortlisted for the National level NTSE across the country.
- All the students, who secure the minimum required marks at Stage-II, are eligible for the scholarship program.
Stay tuned to www.ateacher.in for more news and updates