Physics and Chemistry were different parts in old syllabus. As new books are introduced the evaluation process is modified, these two parts have combined together with a total of 14 units into a single textbook. Out of 14 units, first 7 units are Physics and the remaining 7 units are Chemistry.
Physics consists of -
- Reflection of Light on Different Surface
- Refraction at Plane Surface
- Refraction at Curved Surface
- Human Eye and Colourful World
- Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Structure of Atom
- The Periodic Table
- Acids and Bases
- Carbon and its Compounds
- Chemical Bonding
- Three summative tests must be conducted in each academic year for Class X. Public examination is conducted by the Board of Secondary Education in place of third summative test.
- First and second Summative Assessments shall be conducted by schools themselves by preparing question papers for 80% of marks. This ensures that the children are trained to write public exams.
Summative Assessment Pattern
|Type of questions||Number of Questions||Marks for each question||Total marks|
|Essay type questions||4||4||16|
|Short answer questions||6||2||12|
|Very short answer questions||7||1||7|
|Objective type questions||10||½||5|
The marks based grading for Class X with the range is given here under.
|Marks in Languages (100 M)||Marks in Non Languages (50 M)||
|91 to 100 marks||46 to 50 marks||
|81 to 90 marks||41 to 45 marks||
|71 to 80 marks||36 to 40 marks||
|61 to 70 marks||31 to 35 marks||
|51 to 60 marks||26 to 30 marks||
|41 to 50 marks||21 to 25 marks||
|35 to 40 marks||18 to 20 marks||
|0 to 34 marks||0 to 17 marks|
Pass Marks and Minimum Marks for Passing
- 35% is the pass marks for all the language and non language subjects. Students must qualify in external exam (SA).
- In non-language subjects, the students need not pass in each of the two papers separately.
Student must score a minimum of 35% of marks in each subject (aggregate of Paper 1 and Paper 2). Students must secure 28 marks in external public exam.
#CCE PHYSICAL SCIENCES PAPERS FOR SUMMATIVE -1 PREPARED BY GAMPA VENKATA PRABHU SIR